Reader Mail: Tips for Growing Out Nape Hair?

Bottom 1" of nape (1/2010)
Bottom 2" of nape (1/2010)












A reader asked:
"I'm having trouble getting my nape to grow out. Years of wearing ponytails has taken it's toll. What should I do?"

Firstly, you are not alone.  Regardless of the length of my hair throughout my hair journey, I have always had a "weak spot," usually my nape and temple area. Here are some suggestions to get the nape area back on track:
  • If you relax your hair, then relax your nape last so it gets the least amount of processing time,  
  • Take care to not over brush your nape,
  • If you wear your hair down, you can even do a horizontal braid to your nape only which will protect it from being rubbed against your clothes,  
  • Moisturize and seal your nape more heavily than the rest of your hair,
  • Avoid "washing" your nape hair each time you shower,
  • When you cover your hair at night, make sure your nape is completely covered. If your nape is exposed it will rub against your pillowcase while you sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Powered by Blogger