Products I Use On My Natural Hair

By: MsNastassja

So I just wanted to give a brief rundown of the products I use in my hair.

There is a bit of variability in the products I use, but there is one thing that I always use and love. Aussie Moist conditioner. It is cheap, comes in a huge bottle with a pump, and I use it to detangle my hair with a wide tooth comb before I attempt to wash it. This is also a good co-wash between shampoos.

From there, things can get interesting. For years I only used Kinky Curly products, including:

  • Come Clean shampoo, 
  • Knot Today leave-in conditioner, 
  • Curling Custard (which is a gel that smells like sugary cupcakes) 



They were fine and produced beautiful results but I did have a few pet peeves with it. The shampoo seemed too drying and the custard took forever to dry. With my hair, I needed a ton of it to get it to work, and I just hated the feel of leave-in conditioner and custard running down my neck. It made for a cute hairstyle but a very annoyed me. When I use Kinky Curly, I use the Aussie Moist first and then only use Kinky Curly, as I've found it doesn't play well with others.

Recently I started using Carol's Daughter Hair Milk Original Curl Defining Trio. The shampoo isn't nearly as drying as the Kinky Curly, which is nice. The leave in product doesn't define my curls as much as I would hope, because it is more of a moisturizing lotion than a styling one (even though I bought the "Original Curl Definer" and not the "Lite Curl Definer"), but it does make my hair feel heavenly. I've always put something else on top of it, though, since I've only used it a few times and was feeling adventurous each time.
Here are some pics of my hair after using the Aussie, Carol's Daughter Original Hair Milk system, and I may have added Giovanni on top before this picture was taken. I put Totally Twisted gel to make that front curl clump together, but no gel on the rest since I wanted it to be a low side poof. The pictures are before I got the new towel.


Well, I hope this was helpful! 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Powered by Blogger