"Rawr I'm a Stegosaurus!"


Some of you may remember my sister from the Tantrum in Target video.  She sent me some pictures of her current hair style with the email subject line "Rawr I'm a Stegosaurus."  I love her comedic wit.  Her hair is natural (no relaxer and no color) and we have the same hair type.

To get the look, she did 6 bantu knots (or as we call them in Jamaica "Chiny bumps").  This is actually the final look of the style.  I know most of us think of bantu knots as a way to "set" our hair and then we remove them to get waves.  But she rocks the bantu knots as is, sometimes all over her head or in a mohawk.

This is a great protective style.  However, I would not recommend it for the extremely harsh winter weather, because of the scalp exposure.  If you live where it is warmer or at least not snowing, then it would be a great winter protective style.        

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Powered by Blogger