Regimen Update: Co-washing

As you may already know, I take horseback riding lessons once a week.  I love taking lessons but I realized last week that the helmet, low ponytail, and humidity are taking a toll on my hair.  Specifically, the humidity causes my hair to revert back being to curly, and the low ponytail rubbing on my shirt lead to knots on the ends of my hair.  To mitigate any future damage, I started wearing a low bun secured with my claw clips and I've decided to try co-washing after my riding lesson. 


Co-washing or conditioner only washing is a great option if you exercise often or prefer to limit your use of shampoo.  Today was my first day co-washing and so far so good.  It took me only 1 hour to detangle, braid, co-wash, shower, apply leave-in and re-braid.  I used Tresemme Moisture Rich Conditioner for my co-wash.  My regular conditioner, Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner, is a deep conditioner so co-washing would not be the best way to use it.  I will try other conditioners for my co-wash and write reviews on them also.

Braids secured with perm robs and end paper

Usually when I do a braidout, I wait for my hair to be about 90% dry and then do cornrows.   To save time and minimize manipulation, I rebraided my hair in the sections I use to wash and added perm rods to the ends.  I will show you the results tomorrow. 

Do you co-wash? If yes, what conditioner would you recommend?  

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Powered by Blogger