Recent Excess Shedding: Seasonal Change or Minor Setback?

Last week I shared a mini update on my hair about how I experienced excess shedding. At the time I wasn't too concerned about it, but after I deep conditioned again this weekend, my hair felt very different. I washed and deep conditioned with my staple products, according to my normal routine. However, this time my wet hair looked and felt much straighter almost as if I lost the bulk (for lack of a better word) in my hair.

For the past few weeks, I've been using the Mane 'n Tail Detangler to help me detangle my dry hair before I washed. This is the first time I've used this product, but read great reviews on it and I planned to write my own review. The first time I used it, I lightly sprayed my dry hair but didn't notice any improvement with detangling. So the second time I used it, I sprayed much more than before, and experienced the excess shedding. This was also the same time that I went 2 weeks without combing or washing, so I initially figured the shedding was the result of 2 weeks worth of normal shedding.  I'll post a detailed review shortly.

Below is a picture I took of the hair lost after I detangled my dry hair and before I washed.  After I washed, I lost an equal amount of hair, but I was running late for an appointment, so I didn't take another picture. 

 Half the hair lost (sorry for the poor quality, I took it quickly with my cell phone)

Then earlier this week, my friend emailed to ask me about my thoughts on shedding due to seasonal change. I never really paid much attention to how my hair responded to seasonal changes.  So I honestly can't say whether the shedding was product induced or the result of the upcoming change in seasons from summer to fall.  In any event, I will stop using the Mane n' Tail and I plan to return it to Sally's Beauty Supply.

Do you experience increased shedding due to seasonal change?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Powered by Blogger