Having the Hair Blues

I'm a little bummed about the potential setback caused by the Mane n' Tail Detangler.  I won't know for sure if it caused a setback until I do my relaxer next month and get my hair blow dried and flat ironed.  But I can already feel enough of a difference in my hair to know that something is not right. 

It's very disheartening to experience a setback, especially when I used a seemingly harmless product that others have raved about.  This isn't like the time I used henna and indigo to color my hair black (LOL).  Now, that I knew was a risky change in my regimen.

This will certainly affect any future products I try.  As if I wasn't paranoid enough about trying new products (LOL).  On the positive note, my short term goal of reaching waist length by December 2011 is still feasibly.  Even if I cut another 3" (rough estimate) in October when I relax my hair, I still have enough time to regain that length.  This is why its called my "hair journey."  I go through different phases and have ups and downs.  You might go through the same thing, so take heart, you are not alone.

It's just hair, yet it's not just hair.  It's about setting goals and working towards them.  So like any goal in life that you fall short of, hair goals also have an emotional effect on you.

Are you experiencing a hair setback?  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Powered by Blogger