The Missing Link...



After my mishap with the Mane n' Tail Detangler, I reevaluated what I did with my hair during the week.  Then I realized that an integral part of my regimen was missing.  You may already know that I usually apply extra virgin organic coconut oil to my scalp a couple times a week.  Well the past few weeks, I unintentionally stopped applying the coconut oil to my scalp. 

How did that happen?  It's another case of having my products stored in several places around the house.  I have a 54oz tub of coconut oil that I keep in the upstairs bathroom.  I don't use the coconut oil straight out of the tub, rather I pour it into an applicator bottle and keep it in the master bathroom.  When I used up all of the oil in the applicator bottle, I completely forgot to refill it.  I didn't realize because I've been using my jojoba oil to seal after I moisturize.

So last week I applied the coconut oil to my scalp and when I washed this weekend, I noticed a huge improvement in my hair.  My hair detangled much easier than it has been in the past few weeks.  The only reason I got the Mane n' Tail Detangler was to help me detangle my dry hair before I washed.  Well as it turns out, I was having difficulty detangling because I stopped applying the coconut oil to my scalp.  The coconut oil soften my newgrowth and makes detangling much easier. 

This is a great example of how being consistent with your regimen is key to retaining length and avoiding setbacks.     

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Powered by Blogger