Billy Ray Cyrus: 'Hannah Montana' show 'destroyed my family'

Billy Ray Cyrus says his daughter Miley Cyrus' massive success as Disney darling Hannah Montana led to the destruction of his personal life.

"I'll tell you right now � the damn show destroyed my family," Cyrus, who filed for divorce from wife Tish, tells the March issue of GQ magazine.

"I should have been a better parent. I should have said, 'Enough is enough � it's getting dangerous and somebody's going to get hurt.' I should have, but I didn't. Honestly, I didn't know the ball was out of bounds until it was way up in the stands somewhere."

Cyrus also wants to make one thing clear: "For the record, I've never made a dime off of Miley."

He says he's worried about the path his daughter is taking, and worries she'll end up like other Hollywood tragedies. "Kurt (Cobain) was one of those guys. That's why I'm concerned about Miley. I think that his world was just spinning so fast and he had so many people around him that didn't help him. Like Anna Nicole Smith � you could see that train wreck coming. I was actually trying to reach out to Anna Nicole Smith, because I kept telling Tish and everybody around me, going, 'This is a disaster.' Michael Jackson � I was trying to reach out to Michael Jackson. I knew he had kids, and I was going to invite his kids down to a taping of Hannah � I just felt it would be good for Michael. I don't know why. I met Michael one time at the Grammys. He sat in front of me, in the front row, and a dime rolled out from under and hit my boot � this very boot I've got on � and I reached down and picked up this dime, and looked, he was going through his pockets, and I said, 'Are you looking for this?' 'Thank you.' And he took that dime and put it back in his pocket. I looked at my manager, I just said, 'Why did Michael Jackson have a dime?...' Nobody could tell me."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Powered by Blogger