Miley Cyrus' Family Have 'Weathered A Huge Storm'

After a rough few months for Miley Cyrus and her family, things seem to be looking up.

After Billy Ray reconciled with his Miley over the comments he made about Disney's Hannah Montana ruining his family and stopped divource proceedings with Miley's mum, Tish, the Cyrus family seem to be back on track.

And now that everything is lookig peachy again, Miley's mum took to her facebook page to thank people for their love and support during the difficult time.

Accroding to USmagazine.com, Tish wrote: "Big thanks to all of our family, friends, and fans who have kept us in their thoughts and prayers," Tish wrote on her Facebook page. "I feel so blessed to have so much support from all of you."

"Our family weathered a huge storm and I feel we are stronger than we have ever been," she continued. "Much love to all of you guys! You're the BEST."

Billy Ray Cyrus: I could have been a better dad

Billy Ray Cyrus is recanting the remarks that ricocheted around the world.

"I love 'Hannah Montana.' I love Disney. I wouldn't change anything," the musician and father of Miley Cyrus said on Wednesday's "Good Morning America," in response to a volatile interview he gave in December in which he blamed "Hannah Montana" for destroying his family.

Now, Cyrus says his messy home life was to blame, adding that he was "surrounded in darkness" when he gave the interview. At the time, Cyrus was in the midst of filing for a divorce that he has since called off.

"It wasn't good," he said of Miley's reaction to his printed comments.

"What I meant to say, and what I hope I said was ... fame can be a dangerous animal," Cyrus, 49, told "GMA's" Robin Roberts.
"And it's a delicate thing," he continued. "You know, when you get in this industry and ... you strike so hard for that moment. But, fame is dangerous."

As for the infamous bong incident (in which Miley smoked the herb Salvia) that threatened to damage her image, her father said in her defense, "Miley has a great heart. She's very intelligent. She will make good choices and she knows right from wrong."

A friend to his kids
In terms of his own choices, and the sort of father he tries to be, Cyrus admits he might have taken a wrong turn.

"I did kind of approach being a dad as a friend," he said. "I was a great playmate. I mean, for teaching [my children] how to camp and build fires and ride motorcycles and four-wheelers, and horses, and all those fun kind of things. I was really good at that."

But, he concedes, "As far as sitting down and doing algebra and science, the homework, I wasn't very good at that. So I look back on it and think, 'You know what? Maybe, no doubt, I could have been a better dad.' "

Moving ahead, "I still want to be Miley's friend," said Cyrus, who sees himself as "that person she comes to talk to." When it comes to Miley, he declared, he loves her "more than life itself."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Powered by Blogger