Miley Cyrus Shares 'Credit' For 'Can't Be Tamed' Video

Miley Cyrus might have taken some major strides toward her post-Disney career with the sexed-up video for "Can't Be Tamed," but the singer didn't do it alone. When it came time to create a concept for the slick clip � for the title song from her upcoming June album � her director and choreographer helped the star get creative.

"I worked with Robert Hales, who is an amazing director," she raved to MTV News about Hales, who has also worked with Demi Lovato, the Jonas Brothers and Justin Timberlake. "And again, I didn't look at any of his work he's done previously. I don't even know really what he's done previously."

Instead, the two focused on what they could do now that Cyrus is beginning to plot out life after "Hannah Montana."

"I just know that when we talked and what I said, he got excited and envisioned it the way I did," Cyrus said. "And that's what I wanted. I wanted someone that would get excited about it, and he was. So it was awesome. My choreographer, Jamal [Sims], also helped me come up with the concept. ... I definitely am not going to take full credit."

The result of her collaboration is a clip that, according to Miley, can't be compared to previous music videos.

"I made a big point to everyone that I didn't want anyone else to watch a music video and show me and say, 'This is what I think we should do,' " she said. "I don't think it looks like any other music video. I think if we would have looked at another music video or listened to another song or looked at a different artist, it could have easily [been influenced]."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Powered by Blogger