Steam + Hair = Healthier Hair

 My hair steamer

Hi friends!

When I started my hair journey, I used different forms of heat to deep condition my hair.  Including a hood dryer, and heat cap.  After I learned about the benefits of using steam over using a dryer/heat cap, I decided to buy a hair steamer.

Hair steamers are more beneficial because they use moist heat, as opposed to dryers/heat caps which use dry heat.  The moist heat offers an added benefit to your hair by infusing moisture into your strands.  Here are some other benefits of using steam:
  • Increased scalp circulation, which aids hair growth,
  • Helps deep conditioners to penetrate hair faster and better,
  • Reduces dryness and breakage,
  • Faster hair color treatments, and
  • Makes the hair softer and reduces tangling.
I also use my hair steamer as a face steamer, when I'm doing an at-home facial.

An alternative to using a hair steamer, is to use the steam room at your gym.  After your workout, add some conditioner to your wet or dry hair, and sit in the steam room for 15-20 minutes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Powered by Blogger