12 Weeks Post Relaxer

Hi friends!

For the ladies who relax their hair - have you ever noticed that when it is one week away from doing a touch up your scalp decides to rebel?  Well that was my scalp this past weekend.  I had every intention of relaxing my hair at 12 weeks post, but my scalp rebelled.  So I decided to wait another week before I apply my relaxer.  

Here are some things I do to make sure I have a good relaxer experience:

  1. Avoid irritating my scalp,
  2. Limit combing to every 2-3 days,
  3. Moisturize with more product than usual,
  4. Two days before relaxer application, thoroughly detangle hair especially at the roots, and
  5. One day before application, lightly spray a liquid moisturizer on my roots to soften them.  This makes parting my hair during application easier.  My roots dry completely before I apply the relaxer.
I'm excited to see how much growth I have retain during the weeks it snowed.

Here are some pictures of my air-dried new growth.
 Front 

Back

New growth un-stretched

New growth stretched

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Powered by Blogger