Selena Gomez Weighs In On Miley Cyrus' Exit From 'Hannah Montana': 'She's Ready For Other Things'

Last month, Miley Cyrus broke the devastating news that she�d be leaving her Disney character, Hannah Montana, in the dust to pursue new, loftier goals in her acting career. MTV News caught up with her fellow Disney colleague Selena Gomez, who weighed in on Miley�s decision.

"I think that she's growing with the show, and I think it's such a great platform for her," Selena said, adding that she has yet to get the dish from Miley about what�s next for her. "And she's lived up to it as wonderfully as she could, and I think she continues to carry it, but she's ready for other things."

So, what�s next for Miley? The future is uncertain, but it�s clear that she�ll probably be moving in a more mature direction. "Everything is so dramatic in the world," Miley told Harper's Bazaar.

"My job is to be a role model, and that's what I want to do, but my job isn't to be a parent. My job isn't to tell your kids how to act or how not to act, because I'm still figuring that out for myself. So to take that away from me is a bit selfish. Your kids are going to make mistakes whether I do or not. That's just life."

Although Miley is moving on, Selena is pretty content with her current role on her Disney show, "Wizards of Waverly Place." "'Wizards' is getting much more mature in terms of our comedy, [but] we are still keeping the youthfulness of our characters," she said. "I just feel like we're all kind of growing, so the characters are evolving."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

 
Powered by Blogger